Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Industrial and Manufacturing
Caption 2005.530.0235
Date 1935
Catalog Number 2005.530.0235
Description Midland, The Dow Chemical Company
Russle - Crocker - Wheeler; 500 KW Unit, "C" Powerhouse, built 1900; This is a Nordburg Engine, it was the first engine The Dow Chemical Co. installed in 1897, it was direct connected to A-400 KW D.G. Westinghouse Gen, Cyl dia 18" H.P. - 32" L.P. by 36 " stroke turning up 126 R.P.M.;
Object Name Print, Photographic
Orig/copy Original
Print size 8" x 10"
Collection Midland County Historical Photograph Collection
Provenance Information provided by Paul Engwis
Source Midland County Historical Photograph Collection
Classification Industry
Search Terms Dow Chemical Company
City, Midland
Subjects Chemical industry
Engines
Industrial facilities